Maximum freedom of movement, space continuity and integrated design… today we want to talk to you about floor level shower, a design solution to say the least suggestive and at the same time practical that will allow you to radically change the appearance of your bathroom.
Get ready to say goodbye to height differences and open up to infinite possibilities in terms of shapes and sizes to create the shower you have always dreamed of. The installation of floor-level solutions integrate perfectly in both modern and classic environments and, in combination with boxes without profiles or with a single wall, they blend completely with the space, creating a sense of continuity.
Given the refinement in terms of design and aesthetics, the floor-level showers are perfect not only for the bathroom but also to be placed in the bedroom, perhaps in combination with shower heads with chromotherapy. So let’s find out what their characteristics are, the attention to be paid in the design phase as well as the pros, cons and cost of any realizations.
How to make a floor level shower
As you may have guessed by now, a floor-level shower integrates completely with the bathroom surface. There are different solutions to be preferred to obtain this result depending on the project to be developed, so you can choose between installing an ultra-thin plate or tiles that go to recall the bathroom flooring or not.
Create a floor-level shower directly with the tiles it will require more attention: it will be necessary to give the floor a correct slope to allow the water to flow towards the drain avoiding stagnation and, very important factor, to pay close attention to waterproofing the surface, corners and various edges to avoid infiltrations.
A more practical solution is to opt for a latest generation ultra-thin shower tray that integrates perfectly with the floor through a built-in installation, these elements require the combination with appropriate drainage systems, guarantee watertightness and the possibility of disassembling the shower tray and accessing the drain in case of need.
Advantages of a floor level shower
Now let’s try to understand what are the pros in choosing a shower of this type by analyzing several important aspects of a not only practical but also aesthetic nature.
- Sense of continuity: designing a floor-level shower in small rooms will allow you to expand the perception of space, since there are no interruptions and by opting for a box without profiles you will get a sense of continuity and greater breathing space.
- Accessibility: elimination of architectural barriers, an indispensable solution for people with mobility problems but also very comfortable for children.
- Shapes and sizes: integration with the floor allows you to create a shower in any shape and size, no limit is placed on the width of the box or the creation of architectural details or games.
- Aesthetics: the aesthetic impact of a floor-level shower is nothing short of suggestive, elegant and refined, a perfect design solution for those who wish to combine maximum refinement in terms of design with just as much practicality.
- Hygiene: thanks to its integrated structure, this type of shower allows easier and more accurate cleaning.
Disadvantages of a floor level shower
After the pros it is time for the cons which, in reality, are not many indeed we could define them almost non-existent since it is more important to ensure that the work is done correctly.
- Design attention: always rely on professionals in the sector and make sure they pay attention to the inclination of the floor and the perfect waterproofing of the surface, if the work is in fact done correctly there will be no problems of infiltration or flooding.
Cost of a floor level shower
We now come to the cost of this particular type of shower keeping in mind that the price varies according to the project to be carried out. Let’s say that in general an ultra-thin integrated shower tray for a standard-sized shower costs a little more than a traditional one. The price, on the other hand, becomes convenient if you choose to create a very large shower with a particular shape. As always, prices fluctuate according to the type of coating chosen, the dimensions and the installation system.
We now want to leave you to an evocative gallery that will show you 20 design models of floor-level showers. Projects of various companies dedicated to the realization of these types of showers that will allow you to get a more precise idea of the design possibilities offered.